S16: An Update on Research on Sepsis [1.49 credits]
- Understand the current research around a consensus approach and the standardization of diagnostic criteria for defining sepsis in children will be paramount in our healthcare systems´ ability to provide enhanced early recognition and improved management of sepsis in children.
- Recognize the impact of source control and time to intervention can have on patient outcomes and sepsis mortality rates as identified through recent retrospective data analysis studies.
- Outline the relationship between time to antibiotic administration in sepsis and possible implications this may have on antimicrobial resistance and stewardship.
- Identify the impact administering intravenous Vitamin C Therapy had on patients with sepsis.
- Learn more about various fluid resuscitation therapies used in the management of septic patients and the outcomes observed on morbidity and mortality rates.
- 1 Section
- 1 Lesson
- 0 Quizzes
- 0m Duration
1 Lesson0 Quizzes
- Watch Video
0 out of 5
You must be logged in to submit a review.