Certification In Enhanced Respiratory Care
This course certifies healthcare professionals in Enhanced Respiratory Care.
- Enhanced Respiratory Care builds on a program developed by Gene Gantt, RRT, FAARC (Former Chair, AARC Long Term Care and AARC Representative to the Respiratory Compromise Institute) in the state of Tennessee and which has been a ventilation standard of TennCare for 20 years. Mr. Gantt is also a member of the board of advisors to PPAHS.
- Enhanced Respiratory Care is based on standards published by the American Association for Respiratory Care, which achieved liberation rates of 65% and earned national recognition of excellence from the American College of Chest Physicians.
Certification in Enhanced Respiratory Care should be obtained by all healthcare professionals who care for mechanically ventilated patients. This particularly includes respiratory therapists in long-term acute care hospitals (LTACs), skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), and hospitals.
The Course Modules For The Enhanced Respiratory Care Program
The course modules for the Enhanced Respiratory Care program consist of online and hands-on learning in:
- Culture of a Weaning Program
- Resident Selection
- Quality of Life
- Weaning Approaches
- Ventilator Unit Technology/Equipment
- Discharge Processes
- Process Improvement
Enhanced Respiratory Care Course Pricing
The Enhanced Respiratory Care Courses are priced in two tiers:
- Member Individuals (an employee of a facility that is accredited or has applied for Enhanced Respiratory Care Accreditation): discounted $20/credit hour [i.e. 8 credit course = $160].
- Non-Member Individuals (not an employee of a facility that is accredited or has applied for Enhanced Respiratory Care Accreditation): $30 per credit hour [i.e. 8 credit course = $240].
For more information or questions about Enhanced Respiratory Care Courses, please complete this inquiry .