PPAHS Surveys help to provide information and data to better understand issues. Below are some surveys we have been involved in – some big, some small – all interesting.
- In early 2013, for the very first time, a national survey of hospitals was conducted to determine practices around patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) pumps. With responses from hospitals from 40 states, the survey provides a baseline of information about
- the practices and standards currently followed by hospitals in PCA administration;
- the way hospitals view the role of technology in administration and monitoring of opioids; and,
- the technology, training and information healthcare providers think are important for greater patient safety in the future.
- For the infographic on this survey, please click here.
- The Society for Technology in Anesthesia (STA) is an international organization of physicians, engineers, students and others with an interest in anesthesia-related technologies.
- This survey was conducted with attendees at the session on alarm fatigue.
- For the article on the survey, please click here.