In her end of year wrap up for 2015, Tejal K. Gandhi, MD, MPH, CPPS, president and chief executive officer of the National Patient Safety Foundation and of the NPSF Lucian Leape Institute, pointed to 5 notable developments in patient safety:
- Reductions in patient harm.
- A new focus on diagnostic error.
- Public interest in measurement and transparency.
- A growing appreciation that harm is not just physical.
- Recommendation for total systems safety.
Dr. Gandhi writes:
It is gratifying to see movement and achievement in patient safety, but there is still much work to be done. Whether you are a patient, a clinician, an executive, or a consumer who will someday be a patient, it’s your business to be engaged and involved as part of the solution. Let’s accelerate progress in 2016.
So, what are you doing to accelerate patient safety in your healthcare facility?What are you doing to accelerate #patientsafety? Click To Tweet